If you’re a current Sarasota home owner thinking about listing your property on the local housing market, 2014 may be a promising year!
According to a recent article I was reading, experts believe 2014 will be defined by positive growth and activity on the local Sarasota housing market – from an increase in home sales to a rise in prices!
All of this translates to one thing: You have a great opportunity to get the fair market value you want on your Sarasota home for sale!
Signs That the Sarasota Real Estate Market Favors Home Sellers
Need proof that local housing market conditions are conducive for successful home selling? Check out these latest trends:
- Experts are predicting that home and condo sales in our community will far exceed the 11,184 properties sold during the year 2013.
- More home buyers are entering the market because of higher mortgage rates that are only expected to continue rising in 2014.
- In response to the expected demand for homes in 2014, home builders have been proactively buying lots so they can build new homes.
- For instance, developers spent over $60 million buying almost 1,250 acres of land as well as 294 lots that spanned from Bradenton to Punta Gordon. And that was only in December!
- Lakewood Ranch is leading the pack, especially in the new construction department. For instance, last year, almost 350 of the 573 homes sold in the community were new construction homes.
- Luxury home sales have also been robust in Sarasota, with the $500,000 to $2 million price range seeing a year-over-year increase of 39 percent in 2013.
- Home prices are also rising. For instance, although homes in The Lake Club in Lakewood Ranch community have an average price of about $1.2 million, experts believe that a strengthening housing market will drive up those prices closer to where they used to be pre-bubble burst, which was the $3.5 to $8 million range.
What Should Home Sellers Do Now?
As you can see, buyer enthusiasm is on the rise in Sarasota, which will help drive up home prices even more! Thus, if you’re sitting on the fence of whether to list your property, I’m here to tell you that now is a great time to do so!
After all, your home selling efforts will directly benefit from all the recent activity on the local housing market!
Contact Us, Your Sarasota Real Estate Experts, Now!
Of course, to make the most of your experience as a home seller on the market, it helps to work with an experienced REALTOR® like me, Dennis Kotaska.
With my years of experience helping other home sellers, I’m more than qualified to help you get the outcome you want from your home listing.
Contact me today to start planning a home selling marketing plan as well as to discover the true value of your home!
Dennis G. Kotaska, LLC CDPE, CGP ®
RE/MAX Alliance Group
2000 Webber St.
Sarasota, FL 34239