Where to Invest? Try the Sarasota Real Estate Market
When it comes to making a sound investment, more Americans prefer to put their money in real estate than stocks and even gold, according to a recent Gallup Poll.
Evidently, Americans believe that real estate is the “best” long-term investment, compared with gold, stocks, mutual funds, saving accounts and bonds. The poll, which surveyed 1,000 adults, also found that bonds were the least attractive investment type.
This speaks volumes about the housing market recovery and Americans’ faith in it. After all, just three years ago, Americans were saying that the best long-term investment tool was gold. At that time, gold was at its highest price while real estate was lower than today.
This belief in real estate as an investment didn’t vary that much between home owners and renters. For instance, 33 percent of home owners said real estate is the best choice for long-term investments, compared with 24 percent of renters.
Sarasota Housing Market Reflecting National Housing Market Trends
Even before the latest Gallup Poll results were released, we here in Sarasota could tell things were looking up for the local housing market.
After all, everywhere you look, good news keeps flowing in about the market. All you have to do is check out some of the recent blogs I’m written to see this positive trend:
- Expect to See an Exceptionally Busy Spring Home Buying Season in 2014
- The Sarasota County Real Estate Market Maintains Steady Pace for February 2014
- Siesta Key and Lido Key Named Two of the Top 25 Beaches in the Country!
- Report: US Home Prices Rose In January After December Decline
Sarasota Housing Market Keeps Improving!
And recent data suggests that the local housing market will only continue improving. Consider these recent real estate statistics:
- Between January and April, the median sales price for Sarasota homes was $200,000, up 3 percent from the prior quarter.
- That figure is also up 11 percent from the year before.
- Meanwhile, sales prices have appreciated 29 percent over the last five years.
- The average listing price for Sarasota homes during the week ending on April 23 was $615,333, up 2.7 percent from the week before.
- And average price per square foot in Sarasota was $161, up 8.1 percent from the same period last year.
Interested in Listing Your Property?
Now is a great time to do so! With all of the renewed interested among home buyers to make a wise investment in a piece of local real estate, you’re likely to get a great price for your home!
So contact me, Dennis Kotaska, and my team of Sarasota, Florida real estate experts today to discuss listing your property. We’ll start by helping you determine the true value of your home, which will ultimately dictate what your listing price will be.
Until next time,