If you’re lucky enough to call Sarasota home, you know there’s always something fun going on. We have perfect weather and a stunning coastal location, but that’s not all this city has to offer. Here are all the details on the top activities in Sarasota right now—get ready to have a blast!
Sprawling Golf Courses
Ready to hit the links? Sarasota is home to some of the nation’s most gorgeous golf courses, and the Florida climate will allow you to enjoy them year-round! If golf isn’t your thing, don’t worry—our favorite country clubs have plenty of amenities for the whole family to enjoy.
- The Founders Club: A premiere golfing community with tons of amenities.
- Laurel Oak Country Club: This club boasts two full courses and Har-Tru tennis courts.
- Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club: This course boasts charming traditions with more “modern” rules and amenities.
- University Park Country Club: This semi-private club has plenty of features and lets you book your tee time online.
Gorgeous Parks and Greenways
If you love to relax and unwind in the serenity of nature, Sarasota has plenty of parks for you to explore. Whether you’re looking for a playground for your kids or miles of expansive nature trails, you’ll find it right here in Sarasota. With such a unique variety of parks to choose from, you’ll never run out of places to discover!
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens: This living museum is great for kids who want to learn about the outdoors.
- South Lido Beach: Come explore over 100 acres of untouched coastal habitat and take a dip in the ocean!
- The Legacy Trail: This 12.5 mile trail is a great way to exercise and learn about local flora and fauna.
- Nathan Benderson Park: This 600+ acre park is a fantastic spot to unwind—be sure to check out its many lakes.
Discover the Arts
Sarasota is a surprisingly historical city and is also a melting pot of many different cultures. You’ll find plenty of museums, galleries, festivals, and more to explore, so you’ll definitely find something that will pique your interest.
- Dabbert Gallery: This historic South Palm Avenue gallery is perfect for discovering contemporary art.
- Art Center Sarasota: You’ll find plenty to do at this community art center, which offers exhibits and classes.
- Ringling Museum of Art: This is the official state art museum of Florida, and you’ll find 66 acres to explore!
- The Artful Giraffe: If you’re a lover of all things pottery, come visit this studio to buy a unique gift or throw some clay!
Unique Entertainment Events
Sarasota has a lot going on! Concerts, films, festivals, you name it—you can find it all right here. When you call Sarasota home, you’ll be able to attend countless events that you won’t be able to experience anywhere else in Florida.
- Asolo Theater: A dynamic theater that offers plays, musicals and more.
- Circus Arts Conservatory: Come discover circus camps and performances at this one-of-a-kind venue!
- The Sarasota Ballet: An internationally recognized ballet troupe offering year-round performances.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts: This venue hosts plenty of events, including traveling Broadway shows.
Ready to Experience All that Sarasota Has to Offer?
Want to live in a city that has something for everyone? No matter what you love, you’ll discover unbelievable activities in Sarasota that you won’t find anywhere else.
If you’re thinking about calling Sarasota home, we’ve got the resources you need. It doesn’t matter if you’re buying or selling—you should go with the team that has your interests at heart. Call the Dennis Kotaska Team to discuss your real estate goals—we can’t wait to answer your questions.