Terri and I have great news for Manatee County, Florida area home buyers! The nationally-acclaimed builder Pulte Group has proposed a new 1,500-home community in the area called Del Webb at Lakewood Ranch, according to a recent article we were reading.
The age-restricted community will be located south of State Road 70 and north of the proposed Masters Avenue extension. It will also share borders with Country Club East to the west and the future Bourneside Boulevard to the east.
Lakewood Ranch Area Homes for Sale
Currently Manatee County staff are reviewing the plans for the new Pulte community. They are expected to present their findings to the Manatee County planning board and county commissions before June. But according to what we know already, the development would sit on 643.35 acres of vacant land and would be constructed over 10 years.
The developer hopes the project, which will be about 1.5 miles east of Lorraine Road and SR 70, will break ground by the end of this year (2014).
Interested home buyers can rest assured that this project would be developed by one of the finest builders in the business. Pulte Group, which is the parent group, also operates under the brand names Pulte Homes, Centex, DiVosta and Del Webb.
Here are some more interesting facts about this development:
• Del Webb would be mostly single-family detached homes, although there will also be some single-family attached and multi-family dwelling units.
• The community may ultimately be gated
• The western portion of the property would mostly be forested wetland, which will offer home owners plenty of privacy from nearby developments.
• Ultimately, the development would include three recreational areas, including a community clubhouse, a swimming pool, a trail system and other outdoor facilities.
• If constructed, Del Webb would be the eastern-most residential portion of Lakewood Ranch to date.
Your Manatee County, Florida Real Estate Experts
We’ll keep you posted on this exciting new development in the Lakewood Ranch area. Hopefully, officials will approve this development so that even more people will have the opportunity to call this beautiful part of Florida “Home.”
If you’re an interested home buyer who would like some help navigating the Manatee and Sarasota County real estate markets, please contact me, Dennis Kotaska, today!
I’ll be happy to assist you with all of your home-buying needs, starting with telling you about available Lakewood Ranch listings for sale!
Until next time,