Lakewood Ranch Receives National Accolades!
The accolades just keep pouring in for the Lakewood Ranch community here in Florida! And this time, the positive recognition is coming from the national stage! According to a recent article I was reading, Lakewood Ranch was recently recognized as a top 10 best-selling master-planned community in the country! John Burns Real Estate Consulting, a California-based firm and Maryland-based RCLCO ranked Lakewood Ranch at #9 on their annual list.
This is no fluke either! This is the third straight year that the community has earned this distinction!
Why Home Buyers Are Eager to Invest in Lakewood Ranch
More and more people are discovering what makes the 17,500-acre Lakewood Ranch such an incredible community here in East Manatee. After all, this community offers nine villages with housing that includes townhomes, luxury condos, villas, single family homes and estate homes.
Residents also enjoy access to such amenities as:
- Eight shopping districts
- Casual dining and fine dining establishments
- Four million square feet of commercial property
- The Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
- Three 18 hole golf courses
- The Athletic Center
- 18 lighted tennis courts
- Sarasota Polo Club
- And more!
Here’s some recent sales data for Lakewood Ranch that really emphasizes just how popular of a community it is. It also helps to explain the community’s recent national ranking:
- Lakewood Ranch saw an 8 percent increase in year-over-year sales – from 573 in 2012 to 618 in 2013.
- There were more than 31,000 visitors to the models and information centers in the community in 2013.
- Bridgewater by Lennar, a new community, helped boost sales in Lakewood Ranch starting in September.
- Meanwhile, the expansion at Taylor Morrison’s Esplanade Golf and Country Club also helped encourage activity.
- In 2013, new homes made up 58 percent of all home sales in the community.
- Meanwhile, there are 295 single-family homes and roughly 500 apartments in some phase of construction in this community currently.
- And according to reports, developers are seeking approval to add about 500 more single-family and multi-family units here.
That growth doesn’t seem like it’s going to stall anytime soon, either. For instance, Canadian homebuilder Mattamy Homes bought 230 acres of undeveloped land recently and plans to build 675 residences in the community.
And Pulte Group is proposing a 1,500-home community called Del Webb at Lakewood Ranch. The community would be age-restricted and would be just south of State Road 70.
Despite all the development activity, less than 2 percent of the existing 8,500 properties in Lakewood Ranch are currently listed on the market, further demonstrating just how popular of a community it is to live in.
Purchase Your Own Lakewood Ranch Home Today!
It truly is an exciting time to be a resident of this Florida master-planned community. To enjoy all the perks of calling this place your home, make sure to contact me, Dennis Kotaska, today.
With my years of experience on the Manatee County real estate market and new home construction, I can effectively represent you so that you’ll be living in the Florida home of your dreams in no time! Contact Terri or myself, Dennis Kotaska for a personal tour of Lakewood Ranch!
Until next time,
Lakewood Ranch Real Estate Expert
P.S. Take a look at how easy you can search for homes by lifestyle, price and property types with a single click of your mouse!